Home North Devon Road Runners

Component Configuration Error:

Comments

No new comments.
DRAFT OLD VERSION LIVE Create Copy

Page Title

This component has not been configured.

Markdown syntax. Use this Cheatsheet for guidance.
{"ID":757,"SpaceID":25,"PageID":132,"CreateCopyOfID":null,"HasCommentsThread":true,"SeoTags":{"OpenGraphTags":[{"ID":"og:title","Name":"NDRR Races 2022 and beyond"},{"ID":"og:type","Name":"website"},{"ID":"og:url","Name":"https://www.northdevonroadrunners.com/Cms/Spaces/AGM2022/NDRR+Races+2022+and+beyond"}],"NonOpenGraphTags":[]},"Path":"NDRR+Races+2022+and+beyond","Title":"NDRR Races 2022 and beyond","Author":{"ID":4,"Name":"Justin Beckley","CompanyName":null},"Version":1,"IsDraft":false,"IsOldVersion":false,"PublicationDate":"17/05/2022 14:09","VersionDescription":"v1 - NDRR Races 2022 and beyond - Justin Beckley - 17/05/2022 14:09","HideHeader":false,"IsFullWidth":false,"Blocks":[{"Columns":[{"Width":12,"WidthClasses":"col-md-12","Elements":[{"ID":240,"Type":"HTML","Content":"\u003cp\u003e\u003cspan style=\u0022color: rgb(192, 80, 77);\u0022\u003eIMPORTANT CLUB NOTICE:\u003c/span\u003e\u003cbr\u003e\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eDear Members,\u003cbr\u003e\u003cbr\u003eTwo of our long-standing members, Simon Haywood and Zoe Smith, have given up many years of their lives supporting the club in various roles, but their impact has been most felt in their roles as Race Directors for many of the club\u0027s most successful races.\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eHaving been responsible for more than 30 races in over a decade, time has taken its inevitable toll on them. Simon’s job has changed significantly since the pandemic, and he has struggled to find time to be engaged not just with the club but with running full stop. Zoe’s new job role is extremely demanding and she has also had to carve out the time she doesn’t have for the races on top of being a Trustee for ChemoHero.\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eOver the last 10 years of Race Directing, our races have provided the club with in excess of £100,000 in income and just over £40,000 in profit with thousands of pounds having been donated to local charities. This income has also subsidised the club in terms of memberships, equipment, software and events significantly.\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eTo quote them in their letter to the committee: \u003cem\u003e\u0022It is with a heavy heart that we write to you today to inform you of our intention to step down as Race Directors for all events at NDRR and from our positions on the committee.\u0022\u003c/em\u003e\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eZoe and Simon came along to the committee meeting, held this Thursday past and along with an excellent guide, they presented key steps that need to be taken in order for any of the races they managed to go ahead this year. We were also able to discuss what we on the committee think is the best way forward, \u003cstrong\u003eprovided \u003c/strong\u003ewe can get engagement from members of the club.\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003e\u003cem\u003eAs a preamble to the below\u003c/em\u003e: These races, namely The Arlington Court Canter, The Hartland Hartbreaker and The Jewson Barnstaple Marathon \u0026 Half Marathon provide the club with roughly £13,000 a year. Critically, the club’s general running expenses are currently around \u003cstrong\u003e£5,000\u003c/strong\u003e a year. Based on the current membership base of 140, income from membership is roughly \u003cstrong\u003e£3640\u003c/strong\u003e. \u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003e\u003cstrong\u003eAs it stands, the club would not be able to sustain itself going forward if these races were to be abandoned\u003c/strong\u003e\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eAt the recent committee meeting we identified the following steps that would need to be taken, should we not find volunteers within the club to step forward to run one or all of The Arlington Court Canter, The Hartland Hartbreaker and The Jewson Barnstaple Marathon \u0026 Half Marathon:\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003col\u003e\u003cli\u003eThe club would need to raise membership fees to circa £40 per anum just to cover operating costs and this would mean subsidies for coaches, dinners, the Braunton Athletics track etc would fall away and/or...\u003cbr\u003e\u003c/li\u003e\u003cli\u003eThe club would need to follow a model similar to that of Just Jog, which aims to have a large membership base to cover costs. This would mean running multiple Beginners Courses a year to keep the membership base high, (for which we would also need significant volunteers), and/or...\u003c/li\u003e\u003cli\u003eThe club would need to cut costs to a level that could be sustained by our current membership base. This could mean ending our agreement with the Leisure Centre in favour of gathering in a public space, closing down the website and cancelling other software providers to name a few.\u003c/li\u003e\u003c/ol\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003e\u003cbr\u003eI think I say with confidence, that although elements of the above may be prudent anyway, I\u0027m sure most of the membership would like to avoid any of the above steps, which would inevitably impact the quality of membership we provide, along with the added benefits we have historically been able to offer.\u003cbr\u003e\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003col\u003e\u003c/ol\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003e\u003cu\u003eAs a result, the committee after a long discussion on Thursday proposed the following for 2022\u003c/u\u003e:\u003cbr\u003e\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003col\u003e\u003cli\u003eWe keep the proposed Agenda Item as per the minutes of the last AGM that proposes to review the current annual membership fee with the intention that the club is more self-sufficient and less reliant on race income.\u003c/li\u003e\u003cli\u003eWe aim to run the Braunton 10 races in October this year, (deferred from January), and again in January 2023. Braunton 10 typically sees a profit of £3,500 to £4,500 per race. I will continue to be Race Director for the Braunton 10 races.\u003cbr\u003e\u003c/li\u003e\u003cli\u003eWe have cancelled The Arlington Court Canter this year in order to put maximum focus on the opportunity of making the Barnstaple Marathon \u0026 Half Marathon happen.\u003c/li\u003e\u003cli\u003eAs The Hartland Hartbreaker is so intertwined with Simon and the unique stamp he has put on the race, we do not intend to continue running this race in future years, but may offer it to the Hartland Community to take forward and as a big part of the race is the involvement of The Hartland Abbey.\u003c/li\u003e\u003cli\u003eThis is the important one! We would very much like to continue with The Barnstaple Marathon \u0026 Half Marathon this year \u003cstrong\u003eBUT\u003c/strong\u003e although Zoe has indicated she is happy to shadow the new Race Director, she is \u003cstrong\u003enot\u003c/strong\u003e willing to continue in the role herself. The committee proposes that we have a Race Director supported by Zoe in 2022, along with a race sub-committee made up of members that are happy to take on roles in the areas of logistics, marshalling, marketing, sponsorships, the military base, road closures, the race village, entries etc. and so the Race Director going forward into 2023 and beyond, is not left carrying the full weight of the race themselves. That said, and although I am sure we will have members stepping forward to fulfil roles on the sub-committee, including members of the committee who have put up their hand already, \u003cstrong\u003ewe absolutely need that one person who is able to put their name to the race and take over the responsibility of coordinating everyone else in their roles\u003c/strong\u003e. Zoe has put a huge amount of effort into organising the race already, so the new Race Director would have less to do than if they were starting from scratch. They will also be fully supported along the way, by the club committee and race sub-committee to make sure they achieved success and would take into account time constraints they may have with their career etc.\u003c/li\u003e\u003cli\u003eAs mentioned above, Simon intends to stand down as Club Treasurer. Whilst he will continue to support the club and the future incumbent, we will need to appoint a new Club Treasurer on or before the AGM, which we hope to hold in June. (Details to follow). Outsourcing this club-critical role will be a costly affair and one which we can ill-afford when considering the points laid out in this email.\u003c/li\u003e\u003cli\u003eIf a willing candidate can be found to act as Race Director for The Arlington Court Canter in 2023, it would be great to continue with the club\u0027s oldest race.\u003c/li\u003e\u003c/ol\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003e\u003cbr\u003eThe bottom line is we have a hard cut-off of the 30th of May 2022 for the Barnstaple Marathon \u0026 Half Marathon to go ahead, when key elements of the race need to be ordered and paid for. \u003cstrong\u003eIf no one has come forward by that date, then we will have no option but to cancel the race and refund the £3471 in race entries we have already received.\u003c/strong\u003e We currently have 89 entries, split about 50/50 between the full and half.\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eSo, folks, it\u0027s over to you now. I really hope we can find a set of people willing to assist the club in continuing to be the very best it can be, while also continuing with world-class races.\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003ePlease do write back if you have questions on any of the above /or if you need more information before committing to a role. I will be at the club tomorrow night and on the 24th and would be happy to talk to any of you, as would the rest of the committee.\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eOn a final note, I would like to thank Simon and Zoe for the outstanding work they have done over the years. Our races have gone from strength to strength in numbers and profitability and most importantly the reviews are a testament to how much the public loves them. Zoe and Simon have given up 1,000\u0027s of hours over the years and the club owes them a deep debt of gratitude. I know both of them intend to remain involved with the club and I look forward to seeing them back running with us all. In the coming weeks, it would be good to have a club social, at which we can reminisce on some of the wonderful experiences the races and the after parties have given us over the years. Let\u0027s hope that with new blood and a new team, we can continue their legacy long into the future. Thank you, Simon \u0026 Zoe!\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eKind regards,\u003c/p\u003e\n\u003cp style=\u0022text-align: justify;\u0022\u003eJustin\u003c/p\u003e","ContentConfig":{"Caption":null,"Icon":null,"IconColour":null,"CaptionColour":null,"UnderlineColour":null,"TextColour":null,"PaddingLeft":null,"PaddingTop":null,"PaddingRight":null,"PaddingBottom":null,"FontSize":null,"LineHeight":null,"BottomMargin":0,"PhoneVisible":true,"TabletVisible":true,"DesktopVisible":true},"ComponentCode":null,"ComponentError":null,"BottomMargin":0,"ResponsiveClasses":"","Background":{"Colour":null,"ImageURL":null,"Filter":null,"IsParallax":false,"Image":""},"ImageConfig":{"ImageURL":null,"ObjectFit":"contain","ImageHeight":null,"FrameStyle":null,"BorderRadius":null,"AltText":null,"LinkURL":null,"PaddingLeft":null,"PaddingTop":null,"PaddingRight":null,"PaddingBottom":null,"BottomMargin":0,"PhoneVisible":true,"TabletVisible":true,"DesktopVisible":true}}]}],"ColumnSpacing":0,"BottomMargin":0,"TopPadding":0,"IsFullWidth":false,"IsBackgroundFullWidth":false,"Background":{"Colour":null,"ImageURL":null,"Filter":null,"IsParallax":false,"Image":""}}],"PageURL":"https://www.northdevonroadrunners.com/Cms/Spaces/AGM2022/NDRR+Races+2022+and+beyond?version=1","AllVersions":[{"ID":757,"Name":"v1 - NDRR Races 2022 and beyond - Justin Beckley - 17/05/2022 14:09"}],"Comments":[{"ID":3,"Index":0,"User":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"ImageUrl":null,"Comment":null,"CreationTime":"Tuesday, 17 May 2022 14:10","IsEdited":false,"EditTime":null,"InReplyTo":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"IsDeleted":true,"DeleteReason":"Rather from member","DeletedBy":{"ID":4,"Name":"Justin Beckley","CompanyName":null},"LikeCount":0,"LikesDescription":"","Likes":[],"LikedByMe":false,"HasBeenRead":false,"Replies":[],"CanEdit":false,"CanModerate":false,"CanReply":false,"CanMessageMe":false},{"ID":4,"Index":0,"User":{"ID":2,"Name":"Trev Bryan","CompanyName":null},"ImageUrl":"https://www.northdevonroadrunners.com/Client/Images/Mugshots/trevbryan.jpg","Comment":"\nThank you for your long and detailed email. If I may indulge, then my reply will also be long.\nHowever, I have put my summary immediately below so you can cut to the chase.\n\nBut first let me echo your acknowledgement and thanks for the immense amount of work carried out by Simon and Zoe in their roles of race directors over the years. As a race director myself and someone who has volunteered at virtually all of the 30 races you mentioned, I am acutely aware of the hidden iceberg of work carried out. Many will only see the selfless long hours put in by a race director on the weekend of the event itself and think \u0022phew that\u0027s amazing\u0022 and be oblivious of the work carried out just to get to that weekend. So, again, thank you Zoe and Simon.\n------------------------------------------------\n** SUMMARY **\nUsing the ballpark figures you quoted of club income and annual expenses leaving a shortfall of circa £1500 per annum.\n1. Membership Fees.\nAt AGM , the club should vote on increasing membership to (say) £39 per annum. An increase of just over £1/month.\n-----------------------------------\n2. Races\nOn the assumption that this year\u0027s Hartland race has generated sufficient profit to keep the club afloat until next years AGM in April. I would strongly recommend that this year\u0027s marathon, this year\u0027s Braunton10 are cancelled. These are the races that put maximum demands on the club members. In addition, running Braunton 10 a month after the marathon is demanding a lot of help from the membership over a short period of time.\nOr at least the races should not go ahead until approved by the club membership at this years AGM.(see below).\n\nI fully support the committee\u0027s decision to cancel this year\u0027s Arlington Race as time has run out to secure medals and mementos as promised on the race registration along with all the other preparation activities required; it simply cannot be done in time.. A lack of fulfillment of promises could negatively impact the image of the race and the club. \n\nI propose that the club only carries out one race per year. This vastly reduces the demands on the race team and the club membership.One successful race fully supported by the club membership seems a simple solution to plugging the financial gap.\n\nMy suggestion would be to make the single race the Arlington court canter with entries set at 300.. Last year revenue form this race was circa £4500 with a gross profit (I would estimate) in the order of £3000 (prior to donations to Charity)\nThe Arlington Court Canter does not require marquee hire, external timing, portaloo hire, etc. It has been described as one of the easiest races to put on.\nIt can be combined with a club summer social event to encourage people to attend and help.\nIt is clear to me that this race fills the financial gap whilst putting low demands on the club to put it on.\nI would be prepared to put my name forward for consideration as the race director for the race in 2023. I am also willing to assist whoever is selected as the race director.\n\nI think the club members should vote at AGM which races to put on in the next 12 months (see discussion).\n---------------------------------\n** DISCUSSION **\n\nOver the last 10 years, the number of races put on by the club has grown. At one point there were 5 in a single year (Braunton, Arlington, Hartland, Marathon, Nightmare at Arlington. I cannot recall any vote taking place at a club AGM to confirm that a particular race is supported by the club membership and should go ahead.\nIn addition, the club membership evolves as people leave and people join. I would estimate that this year\u0027s membership is approx 40% new members who will not have a clue what these races are and why they have been created and how they rely on the incredible hard work of the race directors and their team along with the on-the-day volunteers.\nThis is maybe where some disconnect between the committee and membership has occurred leading to a perceived apathy of members to support races.\n\nI suggest that at AGM, the club should vote on each proposed race individually to say if they agree with it going ahead. Any person voting for a race is clearly stating they are prepared to volunteer at that race. In order to assist members to make an informed decision It would help if each proposed race had a short summary indicating costs/benefits and in particular the workload involved (e.g. number of volunteers required).\nOnly races that require commitment from the club (financially or other) before the next AGM shall be considered for voting.\n\nOn the assumption that this year\u0027s Hartland race and previous club races have generated sufficient surplus to keep the club afloat until next years AGM in April. I would strongly recommend that this year\u0027s marathon, this year\u0027s Braunton10 and Next Year\u0027s Braunton 10 are cancelled. These are the races that put maximum demands on the club members. In addition, running Braunton 10 a month after the marathon is demanding a lot of help from the membership over a short period of time. Followed by another big race 3 months after the last one.\nOr at least the Braunton 10 should not go ahead until approved by the club membership at this years AGM.(see below). This should still leave enough time for the Race Director to start preparations etc.\n\nI suggest that the club should vote at AGM which charities the club is to support by transferring a proposed amount of club surplus to these charities rather than each race being for a specific set of charities. Again, I believe this will reduce the disconnect between the race direction team and the membership. I am aware that in recent years, specific charities have greatly assisted a couple of races by providing significant numbers of volunteers but this is due to them being nominated as the beneficiary of that race\u0027s surplus. But if these large races are no longer going ahead, then this predetermined need for those volunteers disappears.\n\nAT this years AGM, we need a clear financial statement showing us that (for example) if the club did not put on any more races (from date of agm) and the club fees stay the same and the club membership numbers remain the same then we will run out of money by \u003cspecific date\u003e, I assume that we are probably still carrying some surplus from previous races.\n\nIt is unfortunate that the AGM is not taking place before June (I think club rules says it takes place before the end of April) so that these matters could be discussed openly by the whole club and a vote taken prior to the deadline of 30th May for the Marathon. So how about this idea to promote open discussion ....\nI am happy for this email reply to be shared with other club members to promote discussion (especially with the 30th May deadline having been set). I think it is possible to have a CMS page on the website with your original email in it as content and then have the comments feature enabled on the article so that anyone can share their thoughts to other current members if they chose to?\nPerhaps you could follow up your first email with a simple YES/NO question asking can we share your email response with the other members and also pointing them to the new article on the club website so they can publicly share their thoughts.\n\nSent with the best of intentions and acknowledge that I don\u0027t know everything and others have equally valid ideas.\n\n\nBest Regards\n\nTrev Bryan\n\n\n","CreationTime":"Tuesday, 17 May 2022 14:47","IsEdited":true,"EditTime":"Tuesday, 17 May 2022 14:54","InReplyTo":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"IsDeleted":false,"DeleteReason":null,"DeletedBy":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"LikeCount":1,"LikesDescription":"Adam Davie","Likes":[{"ID":607,"Name":"Adam Davie","CompanyName":null}],"LikedByMe":false,"HasBeenRead":false,"Replies":[{"ID":5,"Index":0,"User":{"ID":5,"Name":"Zoe Smith","CompanyName":null},"ImageUrl":"https://www.northdevonroadrunners.com/Client/Images/Mugshots/zlparnell.JPG","Comment":"Thanks for you comments but just to clarify Trev, as I think you may be confused by the profits of Arlington and Braunton. Arlington at best can pull in a profit of £2k, it is an easy race to organise but not massively profitable. Thanks Zoe ","CreationTime":"Tuesday, 17 May 2022 18:12","IsEdited":false,"EditTime":null,"InReplyTo":{"ID":2,"Name":"Trev Bryan","CompanyName":null},"IsDeleted":false,"DeleteReason":null,"DeletedBy":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"LikeCount":0,"LikesDescription":"","Likes":[],"LikedByMe":false,"HasBeenRead":false,"Replies":[],"CanEdit":false,"CanModerate":false,"CanReply":false,"CanMessageMe":false}],"CanEdit":false,"CanModerate":false,"CanReply":false,"CanMessageMe":false},{"ID":6,"Index":0,"User":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"ImageUrl":null,"Comment":null,"CreationTime":"Tuesday, 17 May 2022 18:14","IsEdited":false,"EditTime":null,"InReplyTo":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"IsDeleted":true,"DeleteReason":"Duplicated ","DeletedBy":{"ID":2,"Name":"Trev Bryan","CompanyName":null},"LikeCount":0,"LikesDescription":"","Likes":[],"LikedByMe":false,"HasBeenRead":false,"Replies":[],"CanEdit":false,"CanModerate":false,"CanReply":false,"CanMessageMe":false},{"ID":7,"Index":0,"User":{"ID":2,"Name":"Trev Bryan","CompanyName":null},"ImageUrl":"https://www.northdevonroadrunners.com/Client/Images/Mugshots/trevbryan.jpg","Comment":"Ok sorry my mistake (I did say i was guessing). But 2k is all we need if the shortfall is 1.5k. Especially if we also increase membership fees","CreationTime":"Tuesday, 17 May 2022 18:16","IsEdited":true,"EditTime":"Tuesday, 17 May 2022 18:19","InReplyTo":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"IsDeleted":false,"DeleteReason":null,"DeletedBy":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"LikeCount":1,"LikesDescription":"Adam Davie","Likes":[{"ID":607,"Name":"Adam Davie","CompanyName":null}],"LikedByMe":false,"HasBeenRead":false,"Replies":[],"CanEdit":false,"CanModerate":false,"CanReply":false,"CanMessageMe":false},{"ID":8,"Index":0,"User":{"ID":4,"Name":"Justin Beckley","CompanyName":null},"ImageUrl":"https://www.northdevonroadrunners.com/Client/Images/Mugshots/AJABeckley.jpeg","Comment":"Email received from Tim Jones: Hi Justin,\n\nIn response to the club\u0027s plea for comments on the future of our races, I would suggest the following:\n\nCancel the half and full marathon as it is a huge logistical exercise for the club to undertake.\n\nRetain both the Arlington and Braunton races. Assuming the club has enough finances on hand hold back from holding the Braunton race until it\u0027s normal date in January to allow a new race director to organise it effectively. January is also a month when there are not too many races about which should increase numbers running and not many club members are away and are available to volunteer.\n\nMove the Arlington race to June 2023. Perhaps a Saturday evening race. Maybe worth checking next month\u0027s race calendar to see what other races are Saturday evenings. This will allow a sensible break between the two races for the club to organise effectively. Saturday evening in June would be ideal for a social, weather permitting. \n\nTarka Tennis. I am aware the committee has looked into alternative venues. What are they? Why is the centre charging so much when we really don\u0027t much benefit from the site. We used to have showers and secure changing rooms but that appears to have vanished. Could we not make further attempts to find an alternative venue. The rugby club or a school?\n\nI as always will make myself available to volunteer if I am not away but I cannot offer myself as a race director due my health would not welcome the stress.\n\nMy thanks to the committee and race committees and directors for their tremendous work to date.\n\n\nCheers\n\nTim Jones","CreationTime":"Wednesday, 18 May 2022 09:28","IsEdited":true,"EditTime":"Wednesday, 18 May 2022 09:28","InReplyTo":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"IsDeleted":false,"DeleteReason":null,"DeletedBy":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"LikeCount":1,"LikesDescription":"Adam Davie","Likes":[{"ID":607,"Name":"Adam Davie","CompanyName":null}],"LikedByMe":false,"HasBeenRead":false,"Replies":[],"CanEdit":false,"CanModerate":false,"CanReply":false,"CanMessageMe":false},{"ID":9,"Index":0,"User":{"ID":607,"Name":"Adam Davie","CompanyName":null},"ImageUrl":"https://www.northdevonroadrunners.com/Client/Images/Mugshots/adamdavie.jpeg","Comment":"I would like to start by thanking Simon and Zoe for their incredible dedication and commitment for so many years to hugely successful events year after year. I would share and echo many Of Trev and Tim’s points raised. I think we need to put it to the club members and gauge interest and commitment to support future races before deciding whether to hold certain races or not. As a previous race director of Arlington, it is our oldest event and enjoyed by many and involves less volunteers and less organisation (Although still stressful) and must be kept and I am happy to support a new race director or put myself forward to organise for 2023 and I agree with the clubs decision to postpone for this year. I agree with Tim it should be held in June although I know from experience as Zoe does getting agreement from the national trust is not always easy. Regarding the Braunton 10 I like the idea of it always being in January as it’s the first race everyone normally has on there calendar for the year. Organising in October would be fine if there was no Barnstaple marathon this year but both too close together we wouldn’t be able to ask for the volunteers required so close together to do both. I think with the current club size it would be impossible to keep all the races and land all successfully. I would be happy to increase subs as Trev noted to £39 and concentrate on just two events a year and Landing successfully without additional pressure on the club to deliver more with the same group of volunteers. I would support holding Arlington and Braunton 10 going forwards and the Barnstaple half and marathon has been incredible thank you Simon and Zoe but only should go ahead if it has the suppport and commitment to continue to make it a success and if no candidate comes forward to lead I think it should be cancelled this year and put to a vote at AGM whether to keep for 2023. I would urge all members to attend the forthcoming Agm as it is important all points raised here our discussed and the members shape the clubs future. Thanks to Justin for the communication and the committee as a whole for the ongoing dedication to running the club. ","CreationTime":"Wednesday, 18 May 2022 10:06","IsEdited":true,"EditTime":"Wednesday, 18 May 2022 10:51","InReplyTo":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"IsDeleted":false,"DeleteReason":null,"DeletedBy":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"LikeCount":0,"LikesDescription":"","Likes":[],"LikedByMe":false,"HasBeenRead":false,"Replies":[],"CanEdit":false,"CanModerate":false,"CanReply":false,"CanMessageMe":false},{"ID":10,"Index":0,"User":{"ID":607,"Name":"Adam Davie","CompanyName":null},"ImageUrl":"https://www.northdevonroadrunners.com/Client/Images/Mugshots/adamdavie.jpeg","Comment":"I would like to start by thanking Simon and Zoe for their incredible dedication and commitment for so many years to hugely successful events year after year. ","CreationTime":"Wednesday, 18 May 2022 10:10","IsEdited":false,"EditTime":null,"InReplyTo":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"IsDeleted":false,"DeleteReason":null,"DeletedBy":{"ID":null,"Name":null,"CompanyName":null},"LikeCount":0,"LikesDescription":"","Likes":[],"LikedByMe":false,"HasBeenRead":false,"Replies":[],"CanEdit":false,"CanModerate":false,"CanReply":false,"CanMessageMe":false}],"UpdatedComments":[],"Spaces":[],"IsWatching":false,"LastViewTime":null,"CanEdit":false,"CanPublish":false,"CanCopy":false,"CanComment":false,"CanReadComments":true,"CanModerateComments":false,"CanLike":false,"CanWatch":false}
{"HeaderName":"RequestVerificationToken","RequestToken":"CfDJ8MbIIYTWtz5Hot0IXFpex19zZyUAe9Q3IcVZfR5MGQgTELwqdn1HivX0jrvQR7za7QBH4G9UL_XpDG9ppwufd4QdzwQbJ8vyEkjKk9Adpo5zrPLV13U7HHf_C0bWj8TluLsd24PSjr5d0KAQ5ZEp4qU"}